Many thanks to Annie Boreson for presenting me with the ‘Blog on Fire’ award. She was deservedly honored and is sharing the bounty. As a recipient, my duty is to share seven things about myself that you may not know.
1. My jobs have ranged from Elizabeth Arden consultant, USPS, Building Materials Salesperson, to Cemetery Offiice. The last one tends to make people do a double take, but I learned something valuable from every one of these.
2. I’ll try eating anything once. This includes turkey nuts -(no I did not know what they were until I had already sampled them), seaweed soup, Morton Bay Bugs – (it’s an Australian thing), and I am pretty sure I had something stuffed in an intestine in France. But it was delicious, so who cares!
3. I can drive almsot anything even if it is a stick shift and this includes farm equipment.
4. I wrote my first novel at age nine when stuck indoors due to an illness. I used pink ink and scribbled the story of my alter ego who slipped out of the window and into another realm where I could be and do everything that I was restricted from. I’ve been writing ever since.
5. My grandmother taught me how to knit and crochet, though I rarely – ok, never – use this talent.
6. I can still twirl a rifle and know this for sure as the director of our marching band bequeathed the rifle I used to me.
7. When people ask me what I collect, I answer ‘memories’. That is also what I ask for on gift receiving occasions. Forget the chatchskis, bric-a-brac, and jewelry. I want trips and poems and good books.
But there are ten other sites deserving of awards in my opinion, and these would be those.
These are all great sites and I hope you will visit. I apologize in advance if I made mistakes with the links. They are sometimes tricky little boogers!
You are deserving of the award. So fun to hear more about you…what an eclectic array of jobs you’ve had! Love that you can drive or eat anything…at least once. Trips, poems, and good books…that says it all. Congrats!
Thanks so much for mentioning my blog in your hour of glory! A very selfless act. I agree with Ms. Boreson — you do deserve the award. Congrats!
I can’t believe the “Robin” you mention is me! I’ve only been blogging a short while. I clicked the link several times in disbelief. Visited the other sites and found very good company. Thank you, thank you. I’ve been enjoying all your posts– Robin
You deserve it! I like your posts and your energy. Good job.
Thank you so much for this honor. I enjoyed learning about you … my you are an adventurous eater :)!! Please resurrect that alter ego; I’d sure love to read more of her adventures, too.
Thanks for including me! I think you’re inspiring and have had lots of fun experiences – minus the turkey balls. I didn’t even know turkeys HAD balls. LOL Keep writing, feemail!
Renee, I’m so late in responding and I apologize. I’ve been a wee bit overwhelmed by work…just as I was by your award. Thank you so much. I am truly honored…and by the way, I love your writing. When I am back home and have proper internet, I’ll actually be able to read and respond more. Merci bien